PfMP Exam Guidance
To earn your PfMP credential, you need to meet the experience requirements and pass both the panel review and PfMP examination, a 170-question, multiple-choice exam.
Regardless of how advanced your portfolio management experience might be, you should still prepare vigorously for the exam. Typically the use of multiple study aids — including courses, self-study and study groups — have been beneficial. It can take many hours to prepare, so make sure you leave yourself plenty of preparation time before you take the exam.
Tips to Prepare for the Exam
- Review the PfMP handbook.
- Use the PfMP Exam Content Outline to guide your study.
- Review The Standard for Portfolio Management – Third Edition.
- Refer to the PfMP Examination Reference List to guide your study.
- Enroll in a formal study course offered by PMI chapters or accredited Authorized Training Partners. You can also review self-study books published by Authorized Training Partners and other reputable training organizations.