PgMP® Exam Preparation
PgMP Prep Courses
Select PgMP exam prep courses are available to help to set you up for success:
- Instructors are current on learning methods and the latest project management skill sets
- Learn with a group of like-minded peers that are striving for the same goal.
- Find the program that works with your schedule to create a structured exam prep routine.
Get the Industry Standard Guide in Program Management
The Standard for Program Management—Fourth Edition is a definitive, principle-based guide for individuals and organizations seeking to mature their program management practices.
It’s an invaluable tool for anyone who works with programs, including:
- Project managers
- Program managers
- Portfolio managers
- Project stakeholders
- Senior managers
Review Additional PMI Resources
Review the following resources to get the most out of your PgMP exam prep:
- The PgMP Certification Handbook (see below).
- The Exam Content Outline and Specifications (see below).
- Test yourself with sample PgMP exam questions.
- The latest edition of A Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK® Guide).
Review any other questions you may have on our Certifications FAQs page.
Note: The PgMP is available in English only
Exam Reference List
Note: Exam candidates should be aware that the Program Management Professional (PgMP) examination isn’t written according to a single text. It’s not singularly supported by any reference.
PMI doesn’t endorse specific review courses, resources, references or other materials for certification prep. The references below are not inclusive of all resources that may be used. And they shouldn’t be interpreted as a guaranteed means of passing the exam.
The PgMP is a competency-based credential. It assesses the knowledge, skills, and abilities you gain from practical and learned experiences. The references identified here are one element of a broad set of educational resources and texts that might be used for study or PgMP exam prep.
- The Standard for Program Management – Fourth Edition by Project Management Institute, published by Project Management Institute
- Enterprise Programme Management: Delivering Value by David Williams and Tim Parr, published by Palgrave Macmillan
- Fundamentals of Effective Program Management: A Process Approach Based on the Global Standard by Paul Sanghera, published by J. Ross Publishing
- Global Project Management Handbook Planning, Organizing & Controlling International Projects by David I. Cleland and Roland Gareis, published by McGraw Hill
- Implementing Program Management: Templates and Forms Aligned with the Standard for Program Management by Ginger Levin and Alan R. Green, published by CRC Press
- Program Management (Fundamentals of Project Management) by Michel Thiry, published by Routledge
- A Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK® Guide) by Project Management Institute, published by Project Management Institute