This page lists definitions for common security terms used throughout the Disciplined Agile (DA) security process blade:
- Access control. This is the process of providing access to systems and data at a granular level. Access is typically provided at per-user, per-group, and per-resources levels.
- Cyber security. Strategies for safeguarding computers, networks, programs, and data from unauthorized access or hackers for exploitation. Also known as information security, info security, or infosec.
- Data protection. The process of safeguarding information so it doesn’t fall into the wrong hands. Also known as data privacy or information privacy.
- Physical security. The protection and safeguarding of personnel and your organization’s physical assets from physical actions and events that could cause serious loss or damage. This includes protection from fire, flood, natural disasters, burglary, theft, vandalism and terrorism.
- Private data. Data that is used to identify you, such as your name, address, phone number, or government identification number.
- Threat. An event or action that has the potentially to cause negative consequences your organization.