Disciplined Agile® Scrum Master (DASM) Certification
Become Disciplined Agile® Scrum Master (DASM) Certified and Join the Agile Revolution
Agile is quickly becoming the go-to approach. Earn the Disciplined Agile Scrum Master to understand the benefits of agile and implement it in a way that works for your organization.
How Do You Know DASM is for You?
Do you find yourself:
- Facing an ever-changing environment?
- Using a framework of steps that make no sense?
- Feeling like your agile practice doesn’t deliver what It should?
Then, the Disciplined Agile Scrum Master DASM is the certification for you.
It equips you to successfully lead agile teams. It also gives you the tools to future-proof your career in a world where agile is paving the way forward.
The Disciplined Agile toolkit includes context for predictive approaches and hundreds of proven practices, including:
Earning your DASM certification empowers you to create an optimal approach—one that works for your unique organization or industry.
What You Will Learn from DASM
- Agile and lean fundamentals, and how you can use both approaches to produce value for your teams.
- Multiple agile and lean techniques from methods like Scrum, Kanban, SAFe®, and more.
- Understand how to put these techniques into practice to ensure successful implementation.
- Appreciate the Disciplined Agile mindset and its underlying principles like pragmatism, the power of choice, and adapting to context.
- How to use the Disciplined Agile toolkit to discover the most effective way of working for every unique situation.
- All about Agile
- Agile and beyond
- Building and supporting a Disciplined Agile team
- Choosing your way of working (WoW)
- Initiating your team: Tailoring a fit-for-purpose WoW
- Building a solution: Tailoring a fit-for-purpose WoW
- Deploying your solution: Tailoring a fit-for-purpose WoW
- Ensuring that your team improves, succeeds, and has fun doing so on an ongoing basis
- Influence outside the team
There are no prior requirements for DASM. This course is for people who are new to agile.
How DASM Works
- Take an instructor-led training or self-paced online course.
- Complete the course to receive your DASM exam invite. (You have 60 days to take the exam, exam fees are included with tuition)
- Once you pass the exam, you will receive your badge and certification. (The certification is valid for one year and is renewable)
Completely unfamiliar with agile? Watch this free 45-minute video Basics of Scrum.
Your PMI Agile Learning Journey
Figure 1. The PMI Agile Learning Journey (click on a certification for more information).
While there is no prerequisite for the DASM course, we do recommend optional pre-work to get the most value out of the training, testing, and overall experience, including:
- Familiarity with common agile concepts and terminology
- Review Choose Your WoW’s key areas that address learning objectives
- Take notes during the training workshop and review the workbook
- Organize a virtual study group to confirm understanding of processes, application, and concepts addressed in training
The DASM exam is administered through Pearson VUE. The exam is an online, non-proctored test including 50 multiple-choice questions. The total exam appointment is 120 minutes—30 minutes for the introduction, tutorial, and survey and up to 90 minutes for completing the exam.
Students will have 60 days from the time they receive the exam link to take the exam. They may retake it two more times within that 60-day period if they do not pass the first attempt. However, there is a $150.00 exam retake fee. Students can pay this fee directly via their myPMI dashboard. Upon payment, you can access the link to retake the exam.
Yes, a DASM certification is good for one year. To renew the certification, you must earn 7 PDUs in agile topics and pay the $50.00 renewal fee. Active PMI members can renew at the reduced price of $20.00 per year.