Disciplined Agile® Scrum Master (DASM) Certification
With agile fast becoming the go-to approach, Disciplined Agile Scrum Master is the certification you need.
Disciplined Agile Scrum Master (DASM) will help you understand all the benefits of agile, and make it work for you and your organization.
Do you find yourself...
- Facing an ever-changing environment?
- Using a framework of steps that makes no sense?
- Feeling your agile practice doesn’t deliver what it should?
The DASM certification equips you to successfully lead agile teams, thereby future-proofing your career in a world in which agile is fast becoming the way forward. The Disciplined Agile® tool kit includes hundreds of proven practices, including Scrum, Kanban, SAFe®, and even some predictive approaches, and puts them into context.
By taking the course — and becoming DASM certified — you’ll understand how to customize your way of working to the approach that makes sense for the situation you face in your organization and industry.
What You Will Learn
- Grasp the fundamentals of agile and lean, and how you can practically use both approaches to produce value for your teams.
- Explore multiple agile and lean techniques from methods such as Scrum, Kanban, SAFe®, and more.
- Understand how to put these techniques into practice and ensure successful agile implementation.
- Appreciate the DA™ mindset and its underlying principles, such as pragmatism, the power of choice, and adapting to context.
- Learn how to apply the Disciplined Agile tool kit to discover the most effective way of working (WoW) for you, and your team in your unique situation.
- All about Agile
- Agile and beyond
- Building and supporting a Disciplined Agile team
- Choosing your way of working (WoW)
- Initiating your team: Tailoring a fit-for-purpose WoW
- Building a solution: Tailoring a fit-for-purpose WoW
- Deploying your solution: Tailoring a fit-for-purpose WoW
- Ensuring that your team improves, succeeds, and has fun doing so on an ongoing basis
- Influence outside the team
- None. This course is for people who are new to Agile.
If you are completely unfamiliar with Agile then we suggest that you watch our free 45-minute video, Basics of Scrum.
How it Works
- Take an instructor-led training or self-paced online course.
- Complete the course to receive your DASM exam invitation. You will have 60 days to take the exam (fee is included in tuition).
- After passing the exam, you will receive your badge and certification.
- The certification is valid for one year and can be renewed upon expiry.
Your PMI Agile Learning Journey
Figure 1. The PMI Agile Learning Journey (click on a certification for more information).
While there is no prerequisite for the DASM course, we do recommend optional pre-work to get the most value out of the training, testing, and overall experience, including:
- Familiarity with common agile concepts and terminology
- Review Choose Your WoW’s key areas that address learning objectives
- Take notes during the training workshop and review the workbook
- Organize a virtual study group to confirm understanding of processes, application, and concepts addressed in training
The DASM exam is administered through Pearson VUE. The exam is an online, non-proctored test including 50 multiple-choice questions. The total exam appointment is 120 minutes—30 minutes for the introduction, tutorial, and survey and up to 90 minutes for completing the exam.
Students will have 60 days from the time they receive the exam link to take the exam. They may retake it two more times within that 60-day period if they do not pass the first attempt. However, there is a $150.00 exam retake fee. Students can pay this fee directly via their myPMI dashboard. Upon payment, you can access the link to retake the exam.
Yes, a DASM certification is good for one year. To renew the certification, you must earn 7 PDUs in agile topics and pay the $50.00 renewal fee. Active PMI members can renew at the reduced price of $20.00 per year.
Please contact us with any questions you may have.