How Do I Renew My Certification?
Renewal is easy when you follow these steps
Whether you’ve just earned your certification—or have been a certification holder for years—the steps are the same.
- Earn the required amount of Professional Development Units (PDUs) to meet the Continuing Certification Requirements (CCR) for your certification.
For example: To renew your Project Management Professional (PMP)® certification, you’ll need to earn 60 PDUs per 3-year cycle. Visit the Requirements page for more information.
- Enter your PDUs in the online CCR system (CCRS).
- Pay the renewal fee. You’ll receive information on how to pay when it is time for you to renew your certification.
- Once you’ve renewed, take a break before you start planning for your next 3-year renewal cycle.
PMP Continuing Education Requirements
Learn how to obtain and log your 60 PDU hours to complete your continuing education for your PMP® Certification.
Important things to remember
- Once you submit payment—even if you submit it before your certification expires—your new cycle end date will be three years from your current certification expiration date.
- For example: Your certification renewal date is 1 July 2019. You renew on 1 March 2019. Your certification renewal date will be 1 July 2022 (three years from the original renewal date).