Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)® Exam Updates
The CAPM® Certification Exam is Being Updated.
The CAPM certification exam is evolving to ensure it reflects market expectations for entry level pros like yourself.
The NEW CAPM certification exam will better support you as a project professional by testing your skills on project management fundamentals, as well as predictive, adaptive and business analysis principles.
It’s an asset that will distinguish you in the job market and enhance your credibility and effectiveness working on — or with — project teams.
- Tests knowledge based on the PMBOK® Guide – Sixth Edition
- Will encompass 4 Domain areas based on the new CAPM Exam Content Outline:
- Project Management Fundamentals and Core Concepts
- Predictive Plan-Based Methodologies
- Agile Frameworks/Methodologies
- Business Analysis Frameworks
- A 10-minute break will also be added to the exam
Both the current and the new exam will include 150 questions to be completed in 3 hours and can be taken at a test center or as an online proctored exam.
Exam Update Timeline
- 1 August - 19 September 2022: Test Pilot Exam Completed
- 2023: Announcement when current CAPM certification exam will be retired, and date of new exam launch.