PMP Exam Preparation
What It Takes to Pass the PMP
You’ve made the investment to earn the Project Management Professional (PMP)® certification. Now it’s time to make the commitment to prepare for the exam. Carving out time and securing the proper materials to study requires discipline and focus. As a project professional, you’ve got what it takes.
Take the Exam
To earn your PMP® certification, you need to meet the experience and education requirements, and pass the PMP examination, a 200-question, multiple-choice exam.
Regardless of how advanced your project management experience or education might be, you should still prepare vigorously for the exam. Successful PMP candidates typically use multiple study aids, including courses, self-study and study groups.
On average, successful PMP candidates will spend 35 hours or more to prepare, so make sure you leave yourself plenty of preparation time before you take the exam.
The PMP Exam is changing:
- If you have already begun studying, you can take the current exam online through 31 December 2020.
- Our new exam will be available after 2 January 2021.
Resources and Tips to Prepare for the Exam
Available for the Current PMP Exam
If you have already paid for your PMP application, spent time studying the current exam content and are able to schedule your exam, you can take the current exam online before 31 December 2020. Here are some tips to prepare:
- Review the Current PMP Exam Content Outline
- Review the PMP Handbook.
- Familiarize yourself with PMP Exam Sample Questions
- Enroll in a formal study course offered by PMI chapters or accredited Registered Education Providers (R.E.P.s). You can also review self-study books published by R.E.P.s and other reputable training organizations.
- Review the latest edition of A Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK® Guide) – Sixth Edition.
Available for the New PMP Exam
Not quite ready or just learning about the PMP? You may want to wait to take the new exam on or after 2 January 2021. Here are some ways to help you prepare for the new exam:
- Learn about the PMP Exam Updates
- Review the 2021 PMP Exam Content Outline
- Take this new online, self-paced course
Other PMP Certification Resources
PMP Exam: Be Determined