The DA Chapter Champion Program is an opportunity for chapters to get engaged with DA to bring DA resources to their communities. Here are important things to know about the program:
The expectations of the DA Champions
DA will assist chapters with planning webinars, communications and promotions. In turn, PMI will promote DA classes, and offer giveaways and promotions. Champions are expected to provide basic presentations regarding DA and its position within PMI, DA events, and basic DA introductory content provided by PMI.
The Disciplined Agile Partner program has been integrated into the Authorized Training Partner (ATP) program and the same stipulations apply. Therefore, DA Champions who are Board members or those in a decision making role within the chapter cannot serve as certified instructors, nor can they be the Authorized Training Partner owner or an employee of the Authorized Training Partner, in order to avoid conflict of interest. If a DA Champion wishes to pursue the path of becoming a certified instructor within the Authorized Training Partner program, they must resign from their DA Champion role.
The benefits for DA Champions?
The Champions receive access to content and promotions to support their local communities. More will come as this program grows and matures. As DA Champions embody the role, consider what would be helpful and let us know.
How to find scheduled training
Please click to Find Training.
The DA materials are currently only supported in English.
Providing DA Training within your Chapter
Chapters are encouraged to provide DA workshops to support the needs of their local communities. To do so, work with an Authorized Training Partner (ATP). Chapters and training partners are encouraged to collaborate one another to find win-win solutions for local communities.
Chapters can apply to the ATP program. If they do, they will be subject to the same criteria for admission as non-chapter entities, and if accepted, will enjoy the same benefits as all Authorized Training Partners. If becoming an Authorized Training Partner is not advantageous for the chapter, they are encouraged to collaborate with Authorized Training Partners or submit a formal RFP, which will be offered exclusively to Premier Authorized Training Partners for their response.
Effective 02 January 2021, chapters wishing to offer PMP Exam prep and/or PMI Disciplined Agile workshops and certification training for members will be required to join the Authorized Training Partner program or use an Authorized Training Partner to offer training to their community. Requirements for chapters who what to join include:
- Chapters who apply to the program will be subject to the same criteria for admission as non-chapter entities, and if accepted, will enjoy the same benefits as all Authorized Training Partners.
- Chapters that are accepted into the Authorized Training Partner program will need to select individuals to attend the required Train the Trainer session to become certified instructors if they plan to deliver PMP Exam Prep training or Disciplined Agile workshops and certification training. Please note, new DA trainers will need to attend a one-day Train the Trainer session while PMP certified instructors will need to attend a two-day Train the Trainer session.
- Chapters that become an Authorized Training Partner may not permit their Chapter Board members or those in a decision-making role within the chapter to serve as certified instructors, nor can they be the Authorized Training Partner owner or an employee of the Authorized Training Partner, in order to avoid conflict of interest.
- Additionally, Authorized Training Partner owners and employees or their certified instructors cannot serve as a chapter leader or a decision-making volunteer within a chapter while they are still an owner or certified instructor.
- Authorized Training Partner owners will confirm via a check box in the program application that they and their employees and certified instructors are aware of this requirement, that they are not a chapter leader, and they will not volunteer as one while an owner, employee or instructor.
- Chapters who are Authorized Training Partners cannot share their status with non-Authorized Training Partner chapters. For example, a chapter who is an Authorized Training Partner cannot select individuals from non-ATP chapters to become certified instructors for them.
- The same rules above apply to DA Champions who are also certified instructors.