Earning Power: Project Management Salary Survey—Eleventh Edition
There’s never been a better time to be a project manager.
Project management skills and expertise are in demand globally, and earning potential remains promising. Earning Power: Project Management Salary Survey, 11th Edition equips practitioners with the most comprehensive view of project managers’ earnings from 42 countries around the world.
This industry-leading resource empowers professionals and hiring managers with compensation information based on several key factors, such as country, position, industry and Project Management Professional (PMP)® certification status.
Check out our interactive Salary Survey Map:
The summary report is also available on mobile:
- Salary data from more than 32,000 project management practitioners
- Responses from professionals in 42 countries (Indonesia, Pakistan, Philippines, Portugal, and Russian Federation are new to this addition)
- A general listing of median salaries reported by country from highest to lowest
- Salary data cross-tabulated by 15 demographic variables including eight positions (from entry-level project managers to senior executives in project management)
- Reported salary increases over the past 12 months and expected salary increases over the next 12 months
- Information on employee benefit packages
- The vast majority of survey respondents hold the PMP® certification (82%). Furthermore, survey respondents with a PMP certification report higher median salaries than those without a PMP certification — 22% higher on average across the 42 countries surveyed.
- Nearly three-quarters of respondents (72%) report that their total compensation (including salary, bonus and other forms of compensation) increased over the 12 months prior to completing the salary survey. About one-quarter (28%) reported increases of at least 5% over that time period.
Australia, Belgium, Brazil, Canada, Chile, China, Colombia, Costa Rica, Ecuador, Egypt, France, Germany, Hong Kong, India, Indonesia, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Malaysia, Mexico, Netherlands, New Zealand, Nigeria, Pakistan, Peru, Philippines, Poland, Portugal, Qatar, Russian Federation, Saudi Arabia, Singapore, South Africa, South Korea, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Taiwan, Turkey, United Arab Emirates, United Kingdom, and United States
- Country of employment
- Position description
- Years of work experience
- Years worked in key techniques
- Years worked in project management
- Highest formal education level obtained
- Degree in project management
- PMP® status
- Type of project
- Number of employees in entire organization
- Average project team size
- Typical project budget
- Training per year
You have access to the Interactive Salary Tool if you are a PMI Member. Please log in to enjoy this member exclusive benefit!