Escalate is Not a Dirty Word (Neal Whitten, PMP)
When two parties cannot agree on the resolution of an issue, then that issue must be raised to higher levels of leadership to ensure its resolution receives the sense of urgency and importance it deserves. Done right, escalations are a highly effective and important business tool in any organization.
This course will show you when and how to escalate, reveal why escalations are a good business tool, provide handy guidelines to follow in conducting effective escalations, walk you through completed exercises that demonstrate the steps to follow, reveal when an escalation is over, and answer frequently asked questions about conducting escalations.
Provides Category-A PDUs; Hosted by Velociteach®'s InSite system, narrated by Neal Whitten, PMP.
What You Will Learn
- Resolving Problems
- Why We Avoid Addressing Important Problems
- What is: An Issue? An Escalation? Escalation Guidelines?
- Guidelines #1 through #7
- Escalations are a Great Business Tool
- Different Approaches, Who's Wrong, and When is it Over?
- Escalation Example 1: Steps 1-10
- The Open Door
- Escalation Example 2: Steps 1 - 4
- Answers to Commonly Asked Questions
- Power Snippets
- Escalation Case Studies
- Escalation Exercise: Examine Your History
- Course Final Assessment
- Course Summary