Important Questions to Consider
- What strategy will we follow to develop the vision?
- How will we capture the vision (if at all)?
- How much detail must we capture?
- What level of agreement must we come to with our stakeholders before we can move on into Construction?
- What level of formality must we get for this agreement?
- How will we communicate the vision with our stakeholders?
- We may wish to capture our findings in Inception and review them with our stakeholders to obtain agreement on the vision.
- A vision statement typically includes traditional elements of a project charter, albeit in lightweight fashion, such as scope, schedule, budget, risks, and other supporting information.
- A vision statement as a summary of our Inception work can be an extremely effective way to get all stakeholders on the same page regarding the expected outcome(s) of our initiative.