Make a Green World a Reality
PMI is collaborating with Green Project Management (GPM) to bring sustainability to the forefront for project managers and help upskill professionals working on the ground to make a real-world impact.
Environmental and social impact have become crucially important for business outcomes as demands for action increase. By becoming Green Project Manager – Level B (GPM-b™) certified, project professionals and teams can make a more sustainable, greener world a reality.
As part of the certification journey, learners will also be taken through the Green Project Management Sustainable Project Management e-learning course, providing the foundational knowledge needed to embed sustainability into projects. This training and certification bundle will help project management professionals develop the skills to deliver environmental and social impact.
Learn how to deliver projects with people and planet at their core. The Certified Green Project Manager – Level B (GPM-b™) is a foundational, knowledge-based sustainability certification.
Project managers will maximize sustainability within the project lifecycle; improve the construction and delivery of goods and services as part of project deliverables; and use measurable standards to consider and account for social, environmental, and economic impacts in projects.
Do you want to deliver projects with a purpose? The GPM-b certification is the first project management credential that helps individuals demonstrate knowledge of project delivery using sustainable methods.
Who Can Apply for the Certification?
- Individuals who can demonstrate prior knowledge in project management are eligible for recognition of prior learning (RPL).
- Individuals who cannot demonstrate prior knowledge in project management will need to complete the full Sustainable Project Management e-learning course available through Green Project Management (GPM).
Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) will be granted for any of the following credentials (current or expired):
Candidates with the CAPM® certification (current or expired within 1 year)
Candidates with the PMP® certification (current or expired within 1 year)
Users with other PMI full certifications (current or expired within 1 year)
Cost with Prior Learning
Save 10% off the regular price of US$749 and pay only US$674 for the Sustainable Project Management for Certified Practitioners e-learning course plus the GPM-B exam bundle.
Candidates who pursue the GPM-b certification through PMI can retake the exam for free. Until 29 March 2023, there will be no waiting period between exam retakes.
How Does Recognition of Prior Learning Work?
Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) allows candidates to prepare for the GPM-b by utilizing the Sustainable Project Management for Certified Project Managers e-learning course. It is considered GPM's flagship course tailored for individuals who have a project management certification and wish to learn the sustainability integrators.
This course both educates and trains you on what you need to know to effectively address and manage sustainability in projects to ensure both the management of the project and the outcome are sustainable. It is virtual and interactive using adult learning techniques.
- Learn through real-life examples, how to embed sustainability in projects.
- Learn how sustainable project management functions from a lifecycle perspective.
- Each module is self-paced and includes some videos, it is not a recorded session. Each range between 30 minutes to an hour.
- 10 modules + 1 summary module
Those with an RPL have an opportunity to focus their learning on sustainability topics, receive a shorter exam, and incur lower costs for the e-learning course and exam bundle.
- Free Exam Retakes with no waiting period between exam retakes during the pilot
- Receive your exam results immediately
- Earn a certificate and a badge after passing
- Earn up to 18 PDUs for participating in the pilot
- 8 PDUs Ways of Working
- 4 PDUs Business Acumen
- 6 PDUs Giving Back
- Lower price and shorter exam for PMI certificate holders
- Learn skills to address sustainability issues in your projects
- Learn through real life examples
Sustainable Project Management Course
This product includes the course Sustainable Project Management from our partner Green Project Management®, which provides the knowledge and tools to manage projects sustainably and deliver sustainable project outcomes by incorporating exercises, examples, and scenarios to reinforce learning.
In addition, by taking this program and getting certified, you will be able to bridge the gap between projects and ESG/Sustainability reporting.
There are six core modules:
- Introduction to Sustainable Project Management
- Core Concepts in Sustainability
- Projects integrating Sustainable Methods (PRiSM), a lifecycle approach
- Project Business Cases
- Utilizing the P5 Standard for Sustainability in Project management to develop a P5 Impact Analysis
- Developing a Sustainability Management Plan
At the end of the course, you may take the GPM-b certification exam, which will test your knowledge in delivering projects using sustainable methods. It contains up to 100 questions on Sustainable Methods and Delivery Methods.
You will earn your Certified Green Project Manager – Level B (GPM-b) certification after successfully completing the exam.
Why is PMI partnering with Green Project Management?
PMI is collaborating with Green Project Management (GPM) to bring sustainability to the forefront for project managers and help upskill professionals working on the ground to make a real-world impact. With the GPM specialist e-learning tools professionals in project management learn the knowledge and skills needed to embed sustainable practices into project management.
Who is Green Project Management?
Founded in 2009, Green Project Management (GPM) is the global leader in sustainable project management practices. They have been instrumental in shaping sustainability as it relates to Portfolio, Program, and Project Management on a global scale and are advocates for the profession’s role in solving wide-scale challenges facing humanity.
They are a social enterprise, that focuses on evolving the project profession through principled and value-based methods. Their goal is to drive sustainable business and realize the 2030 sustainable development goals (SDGs) by engaging in regenerative development projects that address the root cause of why sustainability problems persist.