Increase your impact when you quote, cite or re-use our content.
PMI is a leading publisher on the subjects of project, program and portfolio management and the organizational strategies that strengthen these essential practices. Our content is developed by professional staff and experienced practitioners who come from diverse industries and backgrounds. Using our content can give depth, richness and credibility to your materials, and add knowledge, data and fresh ideas to engage your audiences.
We welcome your use of our copyrighted content when you inform us of your intent in advance and obtain our written permission. And we’ll make the process as fast and easy as possible.
Our copyrighted content is protected by U.S. intellectual property law that is recognized by most countries. To republish or reproduce our content, you must obtain our permission. Here’s how:
- For all but our standards content, apply using the RightsLink service.
- For standards content including A Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK® Guide), use our permissions request form. In some cases, a fee will apply.
USE PERMISSIONS FORM
PMI chapters and Registered Education Providers (R.E.P.s) automatically have permission for some uses as outlined in the Chapter Manual and R.E.P. Application and Agreement. For all other uses, you must apply for permission.
PMI authors wanting to reuse their work must apply for permission; we will not withhold it unreasonably or require a fee.
Commonly Requested Permissions
- Individuals and organizations often seek to reference or quote brief passages of our copyrighted content. We regularly grant simple permission agreements for these references.
- Individuals and organizations including PMI chapters sometimes seek to reference and incorporate substantial portions of our content within their own work. We may grant derivative work licenses for these requests.
- Academic institutions, governmental agencies, commercial training organizations and other companies often seek access to our content for reference use by numerous employees or students. We may approve site licenses for these requests.
- Chapters and organizations sometimes request approval to translate our content into a desired language. For these we may approve a licensed translation.
For glossy reprints of PM Network® and Project Management Journal® articles, email us at email@example.com.
Linking to Our Logo
To link to PMI.org using the PMI logo, see our Linking Agreement and submit the brief information requested. No other use of our logo is allowed.