PMI Young Professional Award
The PMI Young Professional Award recognizes and honors young professionals who have made a significant impact in advancing project management within an organization, advancing the knowledge and understanding of the practice of project management, and demonstrating an understanding of PMI standards, practices and ethics.
- PMI affiliation or membership of the nominee is not required
- The nominee must be within the ages of 25 – 35 years at the time of applying.
- Self-nomination is not permitted.
- Failure to provide the necessary contact, permissions and release forms, or to satisfy the criteria defined in the PMI Young Professional Project Management Excellence Award Application document or the General Submission Guidelines, shall make the Nominee ineligible for the PMI Young Professional Project Management Excellence Award.
- Current PMI staff, contractors and/or consultants are not eligible to apply for an award.
Number of Awards
- There is no limit to the number of PMI Young Professional Project Management Excellence Awards granted annually.
- The nominee may be nominated annually until they are 35 years of age at the time of applying.
- PMI reserves the right not to select any winners for a particular year if the submissions indicate that nominations do not meet the stated criteria.
- The nominee must be nominated by a person affiliated with PMI, through either PMI membership or PMI certification.
- Provide a letter of nomination addressing each of the criteria listed, in order, on the Application plus the other required information as outlined in the General Submission Guidelines. Maximum page count for submission is five pages.
- The nominator must:
- Ensure all documentation is included providing clearance for public release: the PMI Release Form, the PMI Permissions Form, and the PMI Contact Information Form.
- Submit the complete nomination package no later than 1 March by email to email@example.com.
- Ensure that the nomination package is complete at the time of submission. Incomplete nomination packages will not be evaluated.
All applications for consideration of the PMI Young Professional Award must provide a letter of nomination addressing each of the items or criteria listed below, in order. Please review the PMI Young Professional Project Management Excellence Award Guidelines and General Submission Guidelines documents at www.pmi.org/Awards or contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Letter of Nomination
A document written by the nominator that must include the following items. Submissions must be five pages or less.
- Brief overview of nominator’s relationship to nominee or type of personal or professional relationship with person nominated (e.g., component member, business associate, etc.) and length of association with person nominated.
- Detailed explanation of how the nominee specifically met the following criteria:
- Criterion 1: The contribution(s) is significant in nature and made a substantial impact within an organization, university or community.
- Criterion 2: The contribution(s) has advanced the knowledge and understanding of project management practices within an organization, university or community.
- Criterion 3: The contribution(s) demonstrates an understanding of PMI standards, practices and ethics.
- Summary of the nominee’s contribution(s) identifying the impact of these contributions on their organization, PMI, and/or the project management profession, clearly outlining why the contribution(s) merit receiving this award.