How to Apply for the PMP®
Three Steps to Apply for the PMP Exam
Confirm You’re Eligible
It starts with your educational experience and on-the-job experience in conjunction with additional project management training. Below are the criteria if you have a Four Year degree, Secondary education diploma or equivalent.
Four Year Degree
36 months of experience leading projects within the past eight years
Secondary Education Diploma
60 months of experience leading projects within the past eight years
Gather Your Info
Document your experience related to past projects and training.
Projects You��ve Led
- Where you’ve worked
- Your role and responsibilities
- Duration of projects
Training You’ve Completed
- Institutions attended
- Courses completed
- Qualifying hours
Complete and Submit your Application
You’ll need a PMI account to kick the process off. You can set up your account by registering or when applying.
- Have all the info you’ve gathered from Step Two handy so you can sail through the application.
- Need a break? Don’t worry. You can save the application as you go.
Ready to go?
If you’re not a PMI Registered User, you’ll be prompted to set up an account before moving on to the application.
- Copy of Degree
- Verification of Experience signed by supervisor
- Certificate or Proof of 35 hours of project management training