Updated PMP® Exam Launches 26 March 2018
The PMP is Evolving
On 26 March 2018, we will release the updated version of the Project Management Professional (PMP).
Although it does not test your knowledge of the PMBOK Guide®, it is one of the primary references for the exam. Please note, the PMP exam content outline will not be updated.
What is Changing?
If you’re utilizing the PMBOK Guide® as a study tool for the exam, you can expect to find the following updates in the PMBOK Guide® – Sixth Edition:
- A new chapter on the role of the project manager that focuses on effective leadership — including necessary competencies, experience and skills.
- Two renamed Knowledge Areas that more accurately reflect which elements can be managed and which cannot:
- Schedule Management (formerly known as Time Management)
- Resource Management (formerly known as Human Resource Management)
- Every Knowledge Area now features four new sections:
- Key Concepts
- Trends and Emerging Practices
- Tailoring Considerations
- Considerations for Agile/Adaptive Environments
Did You Know?
Active practitioners from around the world author our exam questions as well as the PMBOK® Guide to ensure the PMP remains relevant and reflects current practice.