Updated PMP Exam has Launched
On 26 March 2018 we released the updated version of the Project Management Professional (PMP)®.
Although it does not test your knowledge of the PMBOK® Guide, it is one of the primary references for the exam. Please note, the PMP exam content outline will not be updated.
What is Changing?
If you’re utilizing the PMBOK® Guide as a study tool for the exam, you can expect to find the following updates in the PMBOK® Guide – Sixth Edition:
- A new chapter on the role of the project manager that focuses on effective leadership — including necessary competencies, experience and skills.
- Two renamed Knowledge Areas that more accurately reflect which elements can be managed and which cannot:
- Schedule Management (formerly known as Time Management)
- Resource Management (formerly known as Human Resource Management)
- Every Knowledge Area now features four new sections:
- Key Concepts
- Trends and Emerging Practices
- Tailoring Considerations
- Considerations for Agile/Adaptive Environments
Did You Know?
Active practitioners from around the world author our exam questions as well as the PMBOK® Guide to ensure the PMP remains relevant and reflects current practice.