Spotlight on Success: Developing Talent for Strategic Impact
Aiming to find examples of excellence in recruiting, retaining, managing and developing high-potential project, program and portfolio talent, Human Systems International and PMI explored the talent management practices of 12 high-performing organizations.
The research found that the ability to attract, retain and make the best use of project talent is at the heart of successful strategy execution, as well as:
- Establishing a formal partnership between human resources and business leaders
- Supporting talent management from the executive level
- Creating a culture that encourages professional and personal development
- Classifying projects and identifying the competencies, skills and behaviors necessary for success
- Promoting the breadth, depth and variety of projects within the organization
- Instituting lessons learned
No single organization demonstrated excellence in all aspects of talent management, so the report compiles the talent initiatives of the 12 participants to provide examples of good talent management.
Ignite the adoption of good talent management at your organization.