Agile Ways — An Ongoing Journey
Agile Ways — An Ongoing Journey (w/ Lauri Bingham)
About our Guest – Lauri Bingham
Lauri Bingham, Director of Technology PMO at T-Mobile. Responsible for managing over $100M across a diverse, high-profile portfolio of national programs and projects.
In this episode, Stephen Maye speaks with Lauri Bingham. Lauri shares insights and lessons learned on adopting and integrating agile principles and practices into a variety of work environments. Lauri also covers the PMO’s role in supporting teams, hybrid approaches, and dealing with complexity. To skip ahead to specific conversation points, scroll on the progress bar and click on the time mark to the point of the conversation that you want to hear.
- @02:44 — the importance of 'soft' and 'big-picture' skills
- @06:15 — moving from waterfall to agile/hybrid methods
- @08:44 — finding the right fit for right team for right project
- @11:01 — communicating successes, benefits and lessons
- @12:20 — the challenges of going first and changing habits
- @14:40 — a culture shift throughout organization
- @19:57 — balancing waterfall and agile principles
- @22:25 — letting the data lead you to the answers
- @25:43 — listen to your customers, build a relationship
- @30:30 — the learn-trial-learn process
- @33:57 — career advice to women and young project managers
We hope you’ve enjoyed our new podcast series, Projectified with PMI. You may share this podcast page with your fellow project managers by clicking on your favorite social share button at the top of the page. To join the conversation online, we ask you to use #Projectified and @PMInstitute. We also encourage you to leave a rating on iTunes or Google Play by clicking on the links below. Thank you very much, and stay tuned as we release more episodes of Projectified with PMI.
Director of Technology PMO at T-Mobile