Master Class Outline & Eligibility to Participate
Application Process for 2019 is Now Closed
The ability to lead is a skill that transcends all industries and professions, and it plays an integral role in many facets of life. The PMI Leadership Institute Master Class (LIMC) offers an incredible opportunity for a select group of participants. The PMI LIMC will help to hone specific leadership and management skills, while providing the knowledge needed to become a more effective leader.
The targeted audience for this program is PMI chapter volunteers who exercise leadership in their current volunteer role, working with others to achieve results in their respective communities. This program is intended for those who aspire to develop their leadership capabilities and are committed to applying this knowledge for the betterment of PMI, their chapter and the project management profession.
Candidates must meet the following criteria at time of application:
- Minimum 3 years of consecutive PMI and PMI chapter membership, both in good standing
- Minimum of 12 months in an elected or appointed position in a chapter within the past two years
- Currently engaged in a volunteer chapter leader elected or appointed role (role must extend at least through the start of the program)
- Preference will be given to those holding a PMI credential
- Have a profile in the Volunteer Relationship Management System (VRMS) that includes an attached CV or résumé
Note: If you do not meet all of these requirements at the time of application, or they are not reflected in your VRMS profile, you will not move forward in the application process. Please check your VRMS profile to assure everything is reflected correctly. If you have any problems with doing this, please contact Leadership.Institute@pmi.org
Informing Your Chapter
Prior to completing the online application form, applicants will upload the “LIMC_Informational Chapter Board Letter” and deliver it to their chapter’s elected board members (President, President Elect, Treasurer and Secretary). No immediate action is needed on the part of the chapter; this communication is for awareness only.
In addition to the above criteria, candidates will be evaluated based on engagement in PMI, including local PMI chapters, volunteer service to PMI as recorded in the VRMS, demonstrated commitment to one’s own professional development and willingness to be a catalyst for change and growth in PMI’s chapters and the project management profession at large.
LIMC Program Information
PMI LIMC is a year-long learning opportunity that is part of PMI’s continuing efforts to cultivate volunteers. This program is designed to provide intensive training and development in leadership techniques, strategic and business management practices and other key skills applicable to volunteer, career and interpersonal development.
Essential program elements are:
- LIMC Seminars: Three, multi-day, in-person seminars in North America will focus on:
- Building consensus and successfully operating in a team environment
- Using servant leadership methods in periods of change and uncertainty
- Utilizing collaboration and strategic management to effectively and efficiently lead
- Communicating effectively
- PMI organizational structure and initiatives
- Participant Evaluations: A 360-degree assessment will provide participants with insight and evaluation of their strengths and development needs.
- Several psychometric tools and assessments will be used during the program
- Coaching: Individual coaching sessions will be provided to each participant. In addition, there will be opportunities to engage in ongoing coaching and mentoring with fellow classmates, and other volunteer leaders in applying and sharing skills and information throughout the program.
- Virtual Learning & Forums: In addition to the in-person meetings, required virtual activities will take place throughout the program that will be completed employing a variety of virtual tools.
- Participants are responsible for travel-related expenses (transportation, sleeping room, etc.) to attend the three required in-person LIMC Seminars in North America.
- At their discretion and cost, participants may take advantage of other related opportunities by extending their participation in events such as the PMI Leadership Institute Meetings, PMI Global Conference and/or other events that may be offered in conjunction with PMI LIMC activities.
- Participants will not incur enrollment fees for LIM – North America during the program.
In-Person Meetings Schedule:
- First meeting will be 1-3 October 2018, prior to the Leadership Institute Meeting (LIM) – North America in Los Angeles, California.
- Second meeting will be three days in March/April 2019 (exact dates to be determined) tentatively in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.
- Third meeting will be two days of class held fall 2019. Also included will be participation in the 2019 LIM – North America, which concludes with the LIMC graduation ceremony.
Important Information to Review
Application Information: Deadline 12 March 2018
- To submit your application click here. As part of the completed application package, please ensure you have updated your VRMS profile and uploaded your CV/résumé.
- Upon receipt of your online application submission, you will receive a confirmation regarding next steps.
- Candidate selection process may include a telephone interview prior to final selection.
If you have any questions please contact Leadership.Institute@pmi.org.
Thank you for all that you do in support of PMI and the project management profession.