Master Class Outline & Eligibility to Participate
The Application Period is Currently Closed
Application Process—Updated Eligibility for 2021
The ability to lead is a skill that transcends all industries and professions, and it plays an integral role in many facets of life. The PMI Leadership Institute Master Class (LIMC) offers an incredible opportunity for a select group of participants. The PMI LIMC will help to hone specific leadership and management skills while providing the knowledge needed to become a more effective chapter leader.
The targeted audience for this program is new and emerging PMI chapter volunteers who exercise leadership in their current chapter role, working with others to achieve results.
NEW: The current iteration of LIMC is reserved for volunteers who have held an elected or appointed chapter role for no more than 3 years and is endorsed by their chapter board.
Candidates must meet the following criteria at the time of application:
- Minimum 3 years of consecutive PMI and PMI chapter membership, both in good standing
- Minimum of 12 months in an elected or appointed position in a chapter within the past two years
- NEW: Have held an elected or appointed position in a chapter for no more than 3 years
- Currently engaged in a volunteer chapter leader elected or appointed role (role must extend at least through October 2020; does not need to be a board-level position)
- Have a profile in the Volunteer Relationship Management System (VRMS) that includes an attached CV or résumé
- Preference will be given to those holding a PMI credential
Note: If you do not meet all of these requirements at the time of application, or they are not reflected in your VRMS profile, you will not move forward in the application process. Please check your VRMS profile to assure everything is reflected correctly. If you have any problems with doing this, please contact Leadership.Institute@pmi.org.
In addition to the above criteria, candidates will be evaluated via essay and interview on engagement in PMI, demonstrated commitment to one’s own professional development, a willingness to be a catalyst for change and growth in PMI’s chapters and the project management profession at large and continue to be an active leader on the chapter level.
LIMC Program Information
LIMC is a year-long learning opportunity that is part of PMI’s continuing efforts to cultivate volunteers. This program is designed to provide intensive training and development in leadership techniques and other key skills applicable to chapter leader, career and interpersonal development.
Essential program elements are:
- LIMC Seminars: Three, multi-day, in-person seminars in North America will focus on:
- Building consensus and successfully operating in a team environment
- Using servant leadership methods in periods of change and uncertainty
- Utilizing collaboration and strategic management to effectively and efficiently lead
- Communicating effectively
- PMI organizational structure and initiatives
- Participant Evaluations: A 360-degree assessment will provide participants with insight and evaluation of their strengths and development needs.
- Several psychometric tools and assessments will be used during the program
- Coaching: Individual coaching sessions will be provided to each participant. In addition, there will be opportunities to engage in ongoing coaching and mentoring with fellow classmates, and other volunteer leaders in applying and sharing skills and information throughout the program.
- Virtual Learning & Forums: Required virtual activities will take place throughout the program that will be completed employing a variety of virtual tools.
- Participants are responsible for travel-related expenses (transportation, sleeping room, etc.) to attend the three required in-person LIMC seminars in North America.
- At their discretion and cost, participants may take advantage of other related opportunities by extending their participation in events such as the PMI Leadership Institute Meetings, PMI Global Conference and/or other events that maybe offered in conjunction with PMI LIMC activities.
- For participants of the LIMC21 program, the registration fees for LIM 2020 and 2021—North America are waived.
- LIMC Travel Budget Worksheet
In-Person Meetings Schedule:
- First meeting will be 12-14 October 2020, prior to the Leadership Institute Meeting (LIM) – North America in Seattle, Washington.
- Second meeting will be four days in March/April 2021 (exact dates to be determined) tentatively in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.
- Third meeting will be two days held fall 2021. Also included will be participation in the 2021 LIM – North America, which concludes with the LIMC graduation ceremony.
Important Information to Review
- The application period is currently closed.
- As part of the completed application package, please ensure you have updated your VRMS profile and uploaded your CV/résumé.
- All applicants will be notified of their initial status in April/May.
- The candidate selection process may include a telephone interview prior to final selection.
- The final selection of the 30-35 participants will be announced in June.
If you have any questions please contact Leadership.Institute@pmi.org.
Thank you for all that you do in support of PMI and the project management profession.