Learn more. Do more... Explore information and resources to empower your next great mission.
Service members, veterans and military spouses may qualify for funding opportunities as part of their benefits package.
Wondering what certifications map to your specialty? Looking for certifications approved for government funding? See the list below for your branch of service and search for credentials by military job code, civilian career area or the credentialing organization.
Current Military Status
COOL / Credentialing Assistance (CA)
- U.S. Army COOL/CA
- U.S. Air Force COOL
- U.S. Space Force COOL
- U.S. Navy COOL
- U.S. Marine Corps COOL
- U.S. Coast Guard COOL
- U.S. DoD Civilian COOL
Military Focused PMI Authorized Training Partners (ATP)
- SF-182 & Government Purchase Card
- IVMF's Onward to Opportunity (O2O)
Frequently Asked Questions
The PMI Military Initiative is available to assist U.S. Military Veterans, active-duty personnel, and spouses through our application process.
When you are ready to move forward, you will need to create an account on PMI.org, submit your application, and once it’s approved you will be eligible to pay for your exam. You can then send any documents you may need for completion to [email protected].
We are excited to assist you in your career journey!
While we do not have any discounts for Military or DoD card holders, we are here to help! The cost of PMI Membership is always $129.00 annually regardless of military status. This price includes an additional application fee to new or rejoining Members. You can become a member by logging into your MyPMI Dashboard and selecting “Become A Member” on the right-hand side.
By becoming a member, you will receive the following benefits:
- A digital edition of A Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK® Guide) that you can download to your computer. This is the standard used for all PMI examinations.
- Learn how to study through PMI chapters and our PMI-Related site “ProjectManagement.com.” Chapters and communities contain knowledgeable certificate and credential holders that can provide you with tips and techniques to prepare for the examination.
- Discounts on professional development activities, standards, and books, and on PMI credential exams and renewal.
- Access to a worldwide network of more than a half a million practicing project managers and credential holders.
Additionally, you will be eligible to utilize the Military Guest Pass Program which grants a PMI Member free PMI Chapter membership to the first year of PMI Chapter Membership.
Chapter benefits include:
- Your local chapter provides networking and learning opportunities.
- Many chapters offer training throughout the year, including preparation for certification exams and study groups.
- They assist in finding funding options to cover your certification exam fees (all of PMI’s certifications are covered by the Post 9/11 GI Bill and some are covered under your branch COOL programs).
- Many chapters offer a Military Liaison who serves in a role to assist active-duty service members or Veterans, in translating military skills and experience so that it aligns with the application requirements of the certification application process. Your local Chapter Military Liaison will be able to assist with developing the right language to effectively convey your experience to civilian job duties as well.
The Military Guest Pass program grants a PMI Member free PMI Chapter membership to the first year that the individual elects to join a PMI Chapter. To qualify, you must first join PMI as a PMI Member. If you currently hold a PMI Membership, but have never held a chapter membership before, you are still able to participate within the Military Guest Pass program. Apply today and get the benefits of PMI membership.
Service members, veterans and military spouses may qualify for funding opportunities as part of their benefits package. Visit PearsonVUE.com/Military/Funding to see if you qualify
You may receive reimbursement for approved licensing and certification tests from The Department of Veterans Affairs (VA).
For information on how to use your benefits visit the VA website for more information about G.I. Bill benefits.
If you have questions about licensing and certification reimbursement, or applying for benefits, you can visit GIBILL.va.gov and click on “Ask a Question and Find Answers”
Please send the completed Application for Reimbursement of Licensing or Certification Test Fees (VA Form 22-0803) and turn it in to the Regional Processing Office for your region with proof of payment with the application. PMI does not need a copy of the form.
The addresses for your region are listed on the form, Download VA Form 22-0803 (PDF)
If you need help in completing this application, call VA TOLL-FREE at 1-888-GI-BILL-1 (1-888-442-4551). If you use the Telecommunications Device for the Deaf (TDD), the Federal Relay number is 711. You can also get education assistance at the VA education website.
We are happy to hear that you want to move forward in your career using PMI® credentials! To sign up for a PMI credential you need to create an account on PMI.org, submit your application, and once approved you will be eligible to pay for your exam. At this point, you can send any documents you may need for completion to [email protected].
If it appears your documents have not been received, please send the required documentation to [email protected] and we will be happy to process them for you.
The PMI Military Initiative Program only applies to U.S. military personnel, spouses, and Veterans. However, we are always able to assist you at [email protected].
Yes, the AF COOL covers both the study material and exam. While you do not have to submit an application to complete the PMI exam prep courses you will have to complete the application to be able to take the exam once you have completed the course. We recommend you create an account on PMI.org before you take the course. This will ensure your course information will be saved in your PMI account when you are ready to complete the application.
While we do not have to submit an application to complete the PMI exam prep courses you will have to complete the application to be able to take the exam once you have completed the course. We recommend you create an account on PMI.org before you take the course. This will ensure your course information will be saved in your PMI account when you are ready to complete the application.