To become a DA instructor, you must do all of the following:
- Become a qualified instructor
- Qualify to teach DA courses
- Align with an Authorized Training Partner (ATP)
You do not need to do these things in order, then may occur in parallel.
Become a Qualified Instructor
To become qualified to teach PMI courses you must take our train-the-trainer workshop to ensure that your training meets the rigorous PMI standard of quality. All instructors must take the one-day workshop focused on facilitation techniques, modern learning, and delivery in a virtual environment. PMP instructors must take an additional day focused on the technical aspects of the PMP exam (DA-only instructors don’t need this). For more details, please visit the Become an Authorized Training Partner (ATP) page.
Qualify to Teach DA Courses
To qualify to teach a Disciplined Agile® (DA™) course you must:
- Earn the Disciplined Agile Senior Scrum Master (DASSM) certification. We require DA Instructors to have experience in agile to be able to answer the practical questions they will get from their students. The DASSM certification is the first one to require sufficient agile experience to be able to do that.
- Earn the corresponding certification. For example, to teach the Disciplined Agile Course (DAC) course you must earn the DAC certification.
If you want to teach...
You must have…
Align with an Authorized Training Partner (ATP)
DA Instructors MUST be associated with an Authorized Training Partner (ATP). The implication is that you need to do one of the following:
- Work with an existing ATP. There are hundreds of ATPs around the world, and many of them are eager to work with people who are qualified to teach DA courses. You can find existing ATPs from the Authorized Training Partners page.
- Work with an organization willing to become an ATP. Organizations choose to Become an Authorized Training Partner (ATP) all the time. Perhaps it is time for your organization, or an organization that you have an existing working relationship with, to do the same?