NEW! Acceptance Test-Driven Development: Improving Communication, Empowering Collaboration, and Creating a Shared Specification for New Products with Scott Bain
What You Will Learn
Upon completion of this training, learners will be able to:
- Collaborate effectively on requirements analysis using acceptance tests.
- Break down large development scenarios into smaller ones that can be more effectively scheduled, managed, and tested.
- Discover and define domain-specific languages.
Writing acceptance tests is a technique that allows the stakeholders of a product or feature to communicate much more effectively than is common. It brings technical and non-technical people together, and provides a highly effective framework for their collaboration. This promotes alignment across the organization, ensures that the value of the work to be done will serve the business needs that drive requirements, and that all critical aspects of the system are addressed.
- Motivation for ATDD
- Defining and Expressing Business Value
- Product Focus: Identifying Stakeholders, Context, and Business Process
- Requirements Analysis
- Specification of Behavior and Acceptance Testing
- Specification of Behavior and Acceptance Testing, continued
- Scenario Breakdown Techniques
- Domain-Specific Languages
- Placing ATDD in Context
- Automating ATDD (overview)
PDU Allocation Table
The table below displays the number of professional development units (PDUs) awarded for each PMI® credential, as they align to the PMI Talent Triangle®. Power Skills and Business Acumen PDUs apply evenly across all credentials and Ways of Working PDUs apply only to specific credentials. PDUs will be added in full to all eligible credentials. *Please note that the asterisked row below applies to the PMI® Agile Certification Journey and includes Disciplined Agile® Scrum Master (DASM), Disciplined Agile® Senior Scrum Master (DASSM), Disciplined Agile® Coach (DAC), and Disciplined Agile® Value Stream Consultant (DAVSC) certifications.
|Ways of Working||Power Skills||Business Acumen||Total|
|CAPM® / PMP® / PgMP®||7||6||1||14.00|
|PMI-ACP® / Agile*||0||6||1||7.00|