Talent Management: Powering Strategic Initiatives in the PMO
Organizations need project, program and portfolio managers with a set of capabilities beyond the ability to bring projects in on time, in scope and on budget in order to be successful. Researched in collaboration with PwC, this report quantifies the challenges, practices, processes and disconnects of business leaders and human resources functions.
- Analysis shows that by focusing on these areas, organizations will boost talent management capability:
- Moving resources from current assignments to next opportunities effectively
- Identifying replacement candidates due to turnover or churn
- Creating broad succession plans across organizational boundaries
- Linking advancement and succession processes
- Stimulating adoption and analytics use among business leaders
- Making required investments in HR technology and proactively improving platforms
Organizations that excel at aligning talent and corporate strategies waste 33 percent fewer dollars on their projects.