This report enables PMOs to benchmark themselves against the most common PMO frameworks and the key practices of each type. The report compares the methods, services and processes used by the various types.
Creators of the report identified these PMO frameworks for the different functions PMOs play:
- Organizational unit, business unit, divisional or departmental PMO
- Project-specific PMO, project office or program office
- Project support, services, controls office or PMO
- Enterprise, organization-wide, strategic, corporate, portfolio or global PMO
- Center of excellence or center of competency
The report breaks down, by each PMO type, services performed, how the PMO is evaluated, primary industry of the PMO and several other factors.