PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®
Ready to apply? Register and log in to get started.
The PMI-ACP recognizes knowledge of agile principles, practices and tools and techniques across agile methodologies.
Who should apply?
If you already use agile practices or your organization is adopting agile methods, earning the PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)® certification will demonstrate your knowledge of and commitment to this rapidly growing approach to project
By earning the PMI-ACP certification, practitioners can:
- Demonstrate to employers their level of professionalism in agile principles, practices, tools and techniques.
- Increase their professional versatility in project management tools and techniques.
- Hold a certification that is more credible than existing offerings based only on exams or training.
To apply for the PMI-ACP, you need to meet the following requirements:
PMI Agile Certification Eligibility Requirements
General Project Experience
- 2,000 hours working on project teams
- These hours must be earned within the last 5 years
- Active PMP® or PgMP® will satisfy this requirement
Agile Project Experience
- 1500 hours working on agile project teams or with agile methodologies
- These hours are in addition to the 2,000 hours required in “general project experience”
- These hours must be earned within the last 3 years
Training in Agile Practices
- 21 contact hours
- Hours must be earned in agile practices
- Tests knowledge of agile fundamentals
For complete details regarding the PMI-ACP eligibility requirements, please view the PMI-ACP Handbook.
How to apply
To apply for the PMI-ACP, register and log in to get started. A printable PMI-ACP printable application form is also available.
Need more information?. See the detailed requirements in the PMI-ACP Handbook.
If you're ready to take the exam, the PMI-ACP exam guidance page can get you started.
Maintain Your PMI-ACP
As part of PMI’s Continuing Certification Requirements (CCR) program, a PMI-ACP credential holder will need to earn 30 PDUs in agile project management per three-year cycle. To learn more about the program, what are PDUs, how to earn and claim them, as well as step-by-step instructions on how to renew your certification, watch the CCR video. You can also reference the latest PMI-ACP Handbook found on PMI.org
If you’re ready to report your activities, visit PMI’s online CCR system to report PDUs and view your certification records. You can download a printable PDU activity reporting form.