PMI Award for Project Excellence
The PMI Award for Project Excellence recognizes complex projects that best delivers:
- Superior performance of project management practices
- Superior organizational results
- Positive impacts on society
- Project budget must be less than US$100 million. Projects with a budget greater than $100 million should apply for the PMI Project of the Year Award.
- Project of any type, from any industry, in public or private sectors.
- Project from any geography in the world.
- The project must have been completed no more than 18 months before the nomination deadline.
- A project which has either won or has been previously nominated for the PMI Award for Project Excellence.
- Current PMI staff, contractors and/or consultants are not eligible to apply for an award.
Number of Awards
- Recipients are selected by region with no more than the following for each region annually:
- North America – 2 winners
- Latin America – 1 winner
- Asia Pacific – 1 winner
- Europe, Middle East, and Africa – 1 winner
- PMI reserves the right not to select any recipients for a particular year if the evaluations performed indicate that nominations do not meet the stated criteria.
- Submit the criteria in the order noted on the PMI Award for Project Excellence Application, listing the relevant criteria title and description at the top of each page, plus the other required information as outlined in the PMI General Submission Guidelines document.
- All submitted material must not exceed twenty pages (two page maximum per criteria).
- One Lead Nominator with whom PMI will communicate regarding the nomination shall be designated.
- The Lead Nominator does not require PMI affiliation.
- Please send all inquiries and entire nomination to email@example.com.
In the Event of a Successful Nomination
- The PMI Professional Awards Staff will send the nomination package to a designated panel of evaluators, who are subject matter experts, for evaluation.
- The nominations, evaluation process, and scores are proprietary to PMI and will not be disclosed to nominators or nominees.
- The Lead Nominator and Nominee will be notified of the status of the nomination at the conclusion of the evaluation process.
- Selection and communication of nomination status must take place no later than the third quarter of the year.
In the Event of an Unsuccessful Nomination
- A new nomination package can be submitted in order for the nominee to be considered in subsequent years.